Introduction: 3D Photographic print Earring Expose

I precious a way to hang and indicate off my earrings for photos. It only needed to hold one pair and I wanted it ornamental without being to show-offy. I found some 3D print designs on the entanglement, but they didn't really fit what I wanted, so I decided to design my own. This 3D printed earring display is meant to hold 1 pair of earrings (summation a intent that holds 4 pairs) and is meant, as I said, many equally a display than de facto practical jewellery storage.

Supplies

  • Tinkercad
  • 3D Printer
  • Filament - I'm victimization a clear/cancel one because I wanted information technology to blend in, non real stand out, simply a antimonial one would besides look nice
  • Mensuration Cup or otherwise microwavable container - if you are going to deflect your print

Tread 1: Tests

I went through a couple tests before upcoming up with the final design. My firstborn print was actually super small (not delineated) which antitrust showed ME how disobedient I am at visualizing sizes.

As you rear see, at the start I tried a unerect project only realized this just made them hang even lower when I wanted them higher so I switched to the new and final examination blueprint. I also messed round with the base slightly until I had a sturdy but nice looking base.

Step 2: Design

I checked out another earring displays before going about designing my own and decided I wanted a simple design meant to hold a single set of earrings.

I craved a programme hanging part so I simply attached put together two wedges and I didn't deprivation them hanging the Sami distance so I had them diagonal to from each one former.

Then I required the main post of the display. I knew I had some long earrings I wanted to don it so I over up fashioning the primary stem of it about 6.25" foresighted. I wanted the stem a square which meant I had the whole piece about "0.156" thick.

So I needed a base. At first I had a solid square simply it was a little boring, so I did the base the same as my Creeper Xmas Corner. To do the cutout for the stem, I increased the size just a bit to give information technology elbow room, 1.6". During the test prints, this worked enthusiastic

I decided to make a multi-level one for fun soh I simply copied the hanging division and glued it down three times. Step 3 will cover how to bend this to make the purpose work better.

Slice and print them when you are all done. There isn't genuinely anything special except you could do 100% infill to make them sturdy.

Step 3: Bend With Hot Water

If you print off the multi-earring pattern, you will probably want to bend information technology so that the earrings don't pip into each other. This is easily (and with kid gloves) done with hot weewe.

Start by getting your multi level black and white.

[American Samoa my sink is non pretty and hard to photograph by, I unreal it with a paper that says sink, as you lav see :) ]

Start by filling upfield your microwave safe container with water and microwaving it. I usually microwave about 2 cups of pee for 2 transactions.

When you look at it out, careful it's hot!

Gri your 3D overprint the sink and carefully pour the hot piss between two of the hanging points as I'm point out. Once IT is warmed sprouted, cautiously grab IT and twist it slightly.

Give way it a chance to aplomb a bit, and take over the process between the next set. You'll do this 3 times total. You can bend them equally much or as little as you want. I tried and true si get them as bent so no would be along transcend of each other.

Now just let it fashionable and dry and past put information technology connected the base.

Step 4: Finished Displays

Just a view the finished earring displays.

Be the First to Share

Recommendations